« Home | joy of reading #2: the nymph king » | Copyedits, website, etc. » | And the ARC goes to . . . » | Thursday Thirteen #6 » | Midweek check-in » | Bookmarks -- and a contest! » | ARCs!! » | Freebies, anyone? » | Tegan on the brain . . . » | kiss of midnight news . . . »

Stuff and more stuff

I swear, it seems like I'm always playing catch-up lately.

Good news: I finished the proposal for Tegan's book, which might be getting close to having a title (and a Spring 2008 release date--yay!). Unfortunately, the title I pitched for the book wasn't a winner with my editor, but she did like the proposed title for the fourth book, so that actually gives me something to work with on this one. In fact, I could scavenge the book four title for book three, since it does sort of fit this one, but it's a much better fit for the fourth. You following that logic? It really does make sense . . . somehow.

I also finished judging my RITA books, registered for the RWA Conference, sent out a bunch of promo for KISS OF MIDNIGHT, heard back from a few folks who read the ARC and loved it (yippee!!), and now I'm about to throw myself head-first into Tegan's book because it's due at the end of May. As in, May of this year. As in, three and a half months from now. Yeeeah. All offers of sympathy (and chocolate and Red Bull) will be gratefully accepted.

What's everyone else up to this week?

Hey Lara - I'd sympathise with you if I also had a writing contract for a kick butt book but alas I don't! LOL I'm just waiting to read your book and trying to be creative with my own stuff.

Are all the series going to start with Kiss of ? You could do a title contest similar to what Gemma did for Spying in High Heels, Killer in High Heels, etc.

Can't help you with the titles. Didn't get the Title Gene.

So good luck!

I'm trying to get rid of another bug. Ugh.

Yay for finishing the proposal! I can't WAIT for Tegan's book! So hurry up. <-- no sympathy, in fact, holding whip...

Enjoying a couple snow days.. even though shoveling has been a bear.. since the wind kept making it drift over. And I had to keep reshoveling the walk.. several times.

I so understand the title shuffle. Been there, done that ;-)

This week I'm writing my ass off, trying to finish this book. And copyedits for Hunting the Demon arrived, so I have to do those too, because such is the madness of my life.

Geez, you guys are tough! No sympathy, no title help, not even a half-hearted offer of chocolate therapy . . . :-P

Angela -- we are buried in snow up here, too! It's a messy (but rather beautiful) blizzard!

Jaci -- Argh, hugs on the copyedits. They always seem to arrive at the most inopportune times, don't they? I hope you got my KOC copyeditor, whoever she may be. She was fabulous!

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: