« Home | And the ARC goes to . . . » | Thursday Thirteen #6 » | Midweek check-in » | Bookmarks -- and a contest! » | ARCs!! » | Freebies, anyone? » | Tegan on the brain . . . » | kiss of midnight news . . . » | thursday thirteen #5 . . . » | a pound of flesh . . . »

Copyedits, website, etc.

Busy week! Copyedits for KISS OF CRIMSON arrived over the weekend (surprise!) and are due back this Thursday. Fortunately for me, the copyeditor on this manuscript *rocked*. Aside from correcting my typos and assorted grammar offenses, she also caught a few sticky plot inconsistencies and helped steer me out of the murk of some rather clumsy prose. Thanks to her immensely helpful line editing, I'm already finished with the queries and fixes, and the ms is heading back to Bantam Dell today.

I'm still trying to wrap up the proposal for Tegan's book this week. So far, this is my favorite of the series. The copyedits and a couple of interviews last week side-tracked me from working on it, but so did the arrival of the prototype design for my new website! Squeee!!! I can't wait for the site to roll out. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before I can unveil it. Of course, I am the bottleneck, since I still have to submit the content to my designer.

In other news, I have just one more RITA entry to read, and then I can get back to Meljean Brooks' thoroughly engrossing DEMON ANGEL, with delectable Hugh and devious Lilith. And recently I also had a chance to read (more like devour in one sitting!) Gena Showalter's new release, THE NYMPH KING. I'll be blogging on that one soon.

What's everyone else up to this week?

Drinking coffee.

Writing lots of stuff. Hopefully.

Tegan's book is going to be Amazing. I can tell.

Ooh, you must have gotten the CE we got for RTS! I LOVE that woman. I'm hoping it's cool to request her for the next book...

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: