« Home | just stuff . . . » | i broke my email . . . » | book club sales . . . » | thursday thirteen #4 . . . » | new book euphoria . . . » | joy of reading #1: surviving demon island » | catching up . . . » | goodbye 2006 . . . » | thursday thirteen #3 . . . » | sayonara, page proofs . . . »

a pound of flesh . . .

Okay, so it really wasn't a pound, but it feels like it! Yesterday I had outpatient surgery to remove a mole from my back. Skin cancer is a big thing in my family--melanoma killed my paternal grandmother, and my dad and almost all of his brothers have had brushes to varying degrees with basal cell carcinoma. So it's definitely a concern.

Anyway, I've had a few moles removed before, but never one requiring scalpel and sutures. I figured I'd walk out of there with maybe three or four stitches. I mean, it wasn't a huge mole, and it was right between my shoulder blades, about center on my spine. Well, after feeling the dermatologist tug about half a dozen times back there as he was sewing me up, I had to ask: "How many stitches are you giving me?" He said, "You mean, so far?" Gack! Final tally was eleven!

Here's what it looks like*:












* Or rather, what it feels like. I didn't get satin ribbon or a fancy bow. ;-)

That picture made me feel a little ill. Ewwww.

you are one sick puppy. ew on that pic, woman! *g*

glad you got the mole removed

Hugs!

LOL, I know -- isn't that a gross body "enhancement"? Not only does it look painful as hell, it also has a very Silence of The Lambs vibe about it, I think. But to each her own . . . .

This is proof that all humans contain a strain of insanity in them.

I've seen a picture like that before. Though I admire the imagination and artistry, it gives me the willies. Ouch and Yikes!

That said, since you HAD to get stitches I would've asked for the satin ribbion. :)

PS. Is your email working yet?

May -- totally! Not to mention a bit of masochism.

Beth -- LOL, I'm actually halfway done with a reply to you! Thanks for resending your last email because the first one did get eaten when my Outlook crashed. And LOL on asking for satin ribbon. Next time, I'll have to do that!

Love that pic LOL And hope you're doing well!!

Can't wait for your book! That's a smokin' hot cover.

Hey, Gena! Thanks! :)

I'm glad they could take care of it. Um, if that is what it looks like, then I'm a little concerned about your ability to pick out a doctor. *ggg*

Jordan, LOL! You should see my dental work. ;-P

Um...eeew.

And ouch on the mole removal!!! I had one taken off my back, left a huge scar.

My mom has had 300 removed!!! She's had all three types of skin cancer, so I'm paranoid now...

OMG, Larissa! Three hundred?! Pardon me while I fall off my chair. I hope your mom has the situation under control. And I share your paranoia. Scary stuff!

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: