« Home | the end is here . . . » | sick and tired . . . » | kiss of crimson cover . . . » | catching up . . . » | lara does frankfurt . . . » | another day, another cover . . . » | corrected cover . . . » | still here, still chained up . . . » | happy weekend . . . » | trailer envy . . . »

off it goes . . .

I'm pleased to report that KISS OF CRIMSON is winging its way to NYC this morning. Actually, my manuscripts go via email to my editor, a convenience I appreciate all the more today because I am still sick (my cold has morphed into a nagging, lung-ripping cough). My plan for the remainder of the day consists of a long, hot shower, snuggly sweats, thick socks, and rest. If I feel better later, I may try to catch up on some reading (my TBR has reached staggering proportions) or check out what's been happening in blogland.

All in all, not a bad way to spend a dreary Monday.

Wooo hooo on sending KOC off! And yes, I do love that email thing! Have to do the 'print and mail' thing with my other publisher. Ugh.

I'm doing copyedits today...amidst napping and trying to shake the cold. You know, the one I blame you for?
Quit emailing me your germs. ;-)

Hugs and hope the cough gets better.

You need a hot toddy. With lots of rum *grin*

Thanks, J! I know there is much work yet to be done, but it felt good to remove the shackle from my ankle and step away from the desk for a while yesterday. :)

Sorry about the germs! I'm trying not to cough on you as I type right now....

Good luck with the CEs! (Blech!)

What a good feeling to get that puppy in the (e)mail.

I love being able to send things by email too. Saves on paper, ink, trips to the PO, etc.

As for the cough and cold...Dr. Colleen recommends hot tea (or just hot water) with lots of lemon and honey.

And add a little bit of eucalyptus oil to your bath. If you've got Vick's, have DH rub it all over your chest. ;-)

And enjoy that TBR. Mine grew yesterday too and I'm so delighted!

Thanks, Colleen! LOL on the Vicks. I haven't been slathered in that stuff since I was a kid. Your advice sounds pretty good, though!

And thanks for adding to my TBR yesterday, too! :) :)

Congratulations on getting it out! My publisher just switched to the e-mail from print and mail (right after I bought a new laser printer, of course *g*) and I'm eternally grateful.

Hope the cold goes away soon!

Woohoo! Can't wait to read it! :)

Meljean -- Me, too! I retired my inkjet in favor of a spiffy new color laser printer soon after I sold to Bantam Dell, only to learn that I would be submitting via email. My agent still prefers hardcopy, however, so 'sall good. Plus, I'd been lusting for a color laser FOREVER. Love it. :)

Tempest -- Thanks for the cheers! :)

Yay! So exciting to get those puppies off! I LOVE that Bantam is cool with email!

Get some rest!

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: