« Home | trailer envy . . . » | officially rechristened . . . » | kiss of something . . . » | book haul . . . » | deadline hell . . . » | from the back cover . . . » | hurry up and wait . . . » | we have quotage . . . » | feast your eyes . . . » | news from the dark side . . . »

happy weekend . . .

TGIF! Although Friday doesn't mean squat when the deadline is breathing down your neck. . . .

I heard from my editor the other day, after she read the first half of the monster-in-progress (aka, KISS OF CRIMSON). Quite relieved to hear her say with a smile in her voice, "Now, what exactly did you think was wrong with this so far?" :-) Rest assured, there are a few problems, since it's all first draft rough work, but at least she was happy overall. So, I'm forging ahead and nearly finished with the rest of it! Woo-hoo! Then I get to go back and tear the whole thing apart in revision (as I'm prone to do). Yippee!!

Blog-related: I've added a few new links on the sidebar, including one to my own website (d'oh!), which contains a teensy couple of lines about the series now. Sigh. I really need to get busy and hire a designer! Any suggestions/recommendations on that front, guys?

Dreamforge Media did mine and I love it, of course *g*

And they're doing Larissa's new site, too.

I highly recommend them. They do fantastic work!

http://www.dreamforgemedia.com

Oh, and of course your editor loves your work. You're a breeeelyant writer! Duh. ;-)

Now hurry up and finish the book so I can read it *grin*

Hey, Jaci! Thanks for the rec on DreamForge Media. I've admired their work for a long time. Your site is gorgeous, and Larissa just gave me a sneak peek of hers and it's beautiful, too! Will have to bump them to the top now. :)

And thanks for the encouragement on CRIMSON. Some days, I dunno . . . everything looks like crap. :-/

Yeah, hurry and finish the book! *g*

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: