« Home | catching up . . . » | lara does frankfurt . . . » | another day, another cover . . . » | corrected cover . . . » | still here, still chained up . . . » | happy weekend . . . » | trailer envy . . . » | officially rechristened . . . » | kiss of something . . . » | book haul . . . »

kiss of crimson cover . . .

Hi, all! This weekend, I have been up to my @ss in copyedits for KISS OF MIDNIGHT. Some good news there: the original edited ms arrived late in the week, after circling back to Bantam Dell from parts unknown! Now I'm transcribing the edits I made on the photocopy onto the original and forging ahead on the rest of the queries.

I also have just two or three chapters left to write on KISS OF CRIMSON (hurray!!!) before that baby is jettisoned off to my editor for review . . . and the massive revisions that surely will be coming down the pike soon.

Anyway, I promised to post the preliminary cover for KISS OF CRIMSON, so here it is! Feast your eyes!!

You like? Tell me what you think! I'm absolutely thrilled with it, even if the cover couple is two-timing me with Jaci Burton. :-)

Of course you know I love the cover. And the couple! Ooooh so sexy! hehehe

You know there's no one I'd rather share a couple with than you, babe. Wait....that sounded kinky *g*

Love ya!

J

LOL on the kink, Jaci! And thanks for the cover kudos. "Our" couple looks smokin' hot on WWW's cover, too! :)

Ooooh, nice!!! I think I might like this cover even more than the other! Both are beautiful, though--the types of covers that would have me buying the books even without reading the blurbs! :)

Oh, it's GORGEOUS! Absolutely wickedly gorgeous.

I love, love, love that red. Or, I should say, crimson.

And those little details. Love it. I do love this trend with those little detaily things (JR Ward has them, my cover has them, yours do too).

Congrats!!

Oh, doh! I just saw the "other" cover.

Wow. Both look great! Such different looks.

Larissa, thanks! :) I feel the same way -- really liked the first one until I saw the second, which is even more incredible.

I <3 Bantam Dell's Art Dept!

Can't wait to see what they do for your Sydney books!!

Thanks, Colleen! :) :)

I love the red wash over the Boston Harbor photo, too. I mentioned that I'd like a nighttime cityscape that showed the river (the harbor works, too) and when I saw this, I was like, YESSS!

And those little doo-hickey symbols? The Art Dept added them as stylistic flair (can't even say that without thinking Office Space!) but they actually work for the books because my vampires, being alien/human hybrids, have intricate skin markings sort of like tattoos. The symbols on the covers are good representations of those markings. :)

Glad you like!!

That *is* an awesome cover. You definitely should be happy dancing!

Thanks, Chey! :)

(Guys, you have to go to Cheyenne's blog and take a look at her new cover for the third Magic book. It rocks!)

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: