« Home | kiss of crimson cover . . . » | catching up . . . » | lara does frankfurt . . . » | another day, another cover . . . » | corrected cover . . . » | still here, still chained up . . . » | happy weekend . . . » | trailer envy . . . » | officially rechristened . . . » | kiss of something . . . »

sick and tired . . .

Today's blog post comes to you from the miserable lump residing on the couch, huddled beneath a blanket and coughing/sneezing/whining in front of the fireplace. Yep, that would be me. Hubby came home from work Tuesday night with a terrible cold, which proceeded to knock him flat for days. I, on the other hand, felt fine. I really thought I had outwitted and outlasted the nasty bug that got him, but alas, yesterday it found me. Today I am useless. Of course, this would come in the eleventh hour of my work on KISS OF CRIMSON, too. Argh!!

When conscious, I'm taking max doses of Airborne and echinacea tea, as well as Mrs. Grass Noodle Soup -- my personal Trinity for all things rhinoviral.

Have you ever noticed how many writers get run-down, wiped-out sick around the end of a book? I think that final balls-to-the-wall push does something to the immune system. And that, folks, is about as deep a thought as you're going to get out of me today . . . .

Back to the misery and suffering.

I don't know. I think for me it's partly that I don't like writing endings.

Get better soon, Lara!

Ugh on the sickies. I hate when that happens.

Sending virtual chicken soup and healing mumbo jumbo vibes. Get well soon, babe.

Germie free hugs!

We must have been separated at birth, 'cause Mrs. Grass is my cure-all for the common cold!

My kids love it too. It's their favorite soup. My dad used to make it for us, and add tons of extra noodles.

Nothing like it.

Feel better, sweetie.

Thanks for the get-well vibes, guys! I still sound awful, and can't go five minutes without a tissue, but I feel much better! :)

I'm back, baby!!

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: