« Home | another day, another cover . . . » | corrected cover . . . » | still here, still chained up . . . » | happy weekend . . . » | trailer envy . . . » | officially rechristened . . . » | kiss of something . . . » | book haul . . . » | deadline hell . . . » | from the back cover . . . »

lara does frankfurt . . .

While I did not attend the Frankfurt Bookfair personally--God, I wish!--I received word from a friend of mine in Germany who was at the fair and reports that Bantam Dell's sales force was present and promoting KISS OF MIDNIGHT with a nice big poster and everything! How cool is that?! :-) I have no idea if translation rights will sell to Germany, but I'm crossing my fingers. Anyway, I thought that was such cool news that Lucan and Gabrielle were at the fair! All these things that go on behind the scenes and the author has no idea . . .

On the personal front, things are not so joyous. Our senior kitty (who was our junior kitty before our other elder died a year and a half ago) is having kidney failure. She had a pretty severe urinary tract infection this summer, and suddenly began dropping weight again. She's small to begin with--this adorable, sleek, solid black sweetheart, like the cat in the "Le Chat Noir" poster--but now she's down to a tiny 5.5 lbs. She spent the weekend in the animal hospital on IVs and getting nursing care, and I'm just sick to think that she's not going to fare well. She gets to come home this afternoon, so we'll see how she is. I hope she will regain some strength. Meanwhile, I'm anxiously awaiting the vet's report . . . . :-(

Ohh nooo! Poor senior kitty. Many hugs and much love to the poor darling. It's so hard to see that happen.

Hugs to mom and dad too.

Lara! How wonderful that your book was being promoted! *wiggle* That is sooo cool!

Big hugs on your kitty. Please let me know how she's doing.

Oh, no! (((hugs))) I lost my beloved kitty this summer, and it hurt SO bad...fingers crossed that she pulls through!

BTW, I have a friend whose kitty is going through kidney failure, and she's managed to get a lot of time added to kitty's life by switching to wet food (which also eliminates UTIs.) At first, she had to give daily doses of IV fluids, but once she switched to the wet food, the kidneys started functioning again on their own. Check out my bestiary page for why wet food prevents A LOT of problems in cats (my own was cured of diabetes by switching from dry to wet!)

Oh...I hope your kitty gets better. I have four of them, and they're like my children. No, they are my children. Best wishes.

sorry about the kitty! i've been through that. my poor guy did not like getting fluids under the skin, so we had to give up and let him go. i didn't want to torture him.

good luck.

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: