« Home | corrected cover . . . » | still here, still chained up . . . » | happy weekend . . . » | trailer envy . . . » | officially rechristened . . . » | kiss of something . . . » | book haul . . . » | deadline hell . . . » | from the back cover . . . » | hurry up and wait . . . »

another day, another cover . . .

My publisher is trying to mess with my head, I swear! Due to a rights technicality on the photograph Bantam Dell was planning to use for KISS OF MIDNIGHT, they had to go with a different image of the couple. This type of "oh shit" cover news generally instills panic in an author, for good reason in most cases.

---- But LOOK!! ----

Isn't my new cover (version 3.0 and counting) gorgeous now?!! To say I love the change is putting it mildly. Don't get me wrong, I could look at my original cover model Nathan Kamp all day long, but this couple photo is way hotter together! I love her expression of ecstasy and the shadowed suggestion that she's enjoying a seductive, vampiric kiss. Yummy!

So, tell me, y'all. How do you like my cover *this* week?

p.s. The really sucky thing about yet another change? Just last week I ordered promos with what I thought would be the final cover -- hundreds of color biz cards and magnets . . . now unusable, money wasted. Grrrr.

Well, babe, having been there, done that, with both title and cover, I feel your pain.

However, the new cover ROCKS! Verrrry sexy.

And even better, what's inside rocks HARD since the book itself is fabulous! And I know this since I've read it already. (Neener Neener everyone *g*)

Is KOC done yet? *g*

Hugs and xx

Oh no!!!! on the money spent and lost. Big fat bummer.

But WOW on the new cover. I love it. Very sexy. Very hot. Very erotic.

How long did you say we have to wait for this book? MAY??

Sucks on the money spent, but great new cover, Lara!

HelenKay Dimon has biz cards that have her name, her email address and her webside address, with a cute logo above.

Oooh, I LOVE that cover!!! I liked the old one, but I agree, this one is better. Congrats!!!! (((hugs))) on the money wasted...

wow. very nice!! is this getting close to a record for most changed cover? my last cover was changed and the new cover ended up not being as good, so i'm afraid of changes! you might still be able to use some of your promo stuff. oh wait. you probably can't because of the copyright problem. arghhh.

Jaci, thanks! I know you can relate, LOL. Crimson is [thisclose] to being done. Gawd, I can't wait to type THE END on this sucker!

Colleen, glad you like it! Yep, May 1st is release day. Then it's May 29 release day for the next one. I plan to start my Grey Goose IV drip on April 30th. :-P

May, thanks for the sympathy and the kudos! Glad you like the cover! As for biz cards, the ones I ordered had the book cover spanning the entire front and the release/title info on the back. More of a mini bookmark promo piece than actual biz card.

Larissa, thank you! So glad you like the new cover. I cannot wait to see the Sydney covers! And your demons! Exciting!!

Anne, LOL! My editor actually said, look at it this way: we're getting all of these little glitches out of the way now, so everything will be smooth sailing from here on out. Oh, if only. I think the cover for PALE IMMORTAL is gorgeous! Whatever they changed, I think it's great! I didn't see the original, though. And yes, the promo stuff I ordered will be unusable because of the wrong cover, but definitely because of the rights issue with the photograph. My fault for rushing to order, I suppose. C'est la vie.

Thanks for weighing in, everyone!

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: