« Home | sick and tired . . . » | kiss of crimson cover . . . » | catching up . . . » | lara does frankfurt . . . » | another day, another cover . . . » | corrected cover . . . » | still here, still chained up . . . » | happy weekend . . . » | trailer envy . . . » | officially rechristened . . . »

the end is here . . .

In a mad burst of creativity (you might say desperation *g*) spawned from days of stagnation because of my lingering cold, yesterday I worked pretty much non-stop from dawn to bedtime and--brace yourselves--FINISHED THE DAMN BOOK!!!!

Almost.

I mean, I wrote to the end, but the final scenes are a bit sketchy and need some fleshing out. But they're out of my head and into the computer and it feels soooo good! For the rest of this week, I will be polishing these final scenes, then going back to proof and clean up the rest of the ms so that I can volley this beast to NYC.

And it's rather apropos that I should finish KISS OF CRIMSON on Halloween night because that's exactly when the first scene of the book opens! Freaky!

Yay!

I started my blog on Halloween last year, and I didn't realise it until I checked to find out when it'd be one year old. LOL.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Wooo hooo on finishing! And dragging yourself out of your sickbed to do it. Way to go woman ;-)

Seriously, congrats. I'm sure it's going to rock. When do I get it? *grin*

May -- Thanks for the cheers, and congrats on your blog anniversary!

Jaci -- Thanks, and LOL on wanting to see the book. It's not quite ready for prime time, but once I smooth out the rough spots, we need to do an ARC swap. Deal?

Congrats Lara! What a great feeling.

Now can you come out and play?

Yay! Congrats! Hope you're feeling better!!!

Congratulations! There is nothing like that 'just finished book' feeling. :D Hope you're on the mend soon.

Colleen -- Thanks, and let me tell you, I am DYING for a little R&R. But first, revisions.... :-/

Larissa -- Thanks, hon. I'm feeling better, but oy, do I sound like a frog!

Jordan -- How nice to see you on my blog! Yours is a frequent stop on my daily routine. :) Thanks for the congrats and good wishes.

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: