« Home | deadline hell . . . » | from the back cover . . . » | hurry up and wait . . . » | we have quotage . . . » | feast your eyes . . . » | news from the dark side . . . » | blogger, you suck . . . » | making it all fit . . . » | tell me more . . . » | dreams made flesh . . . »

book haul . . .

Since I've been such a good girl, working diligently on my monster-in-progress, I decided a quick trip to the bookstore was in order. Truth be told, the kitchen pantry was bare except for oatmeal and crackers, neither of which are suitable nourishment for a writer on deadline. So before I was tempted to gnaw off my own arm, I had to shop. And then buy books. All right, and not in that order. Plus one book--THE book--required trips to three bookstores before I hit paydirt. Mission accomplished. Now I's happy. :)

Here's my haul:

IT SLEEPS IN ME by Kathleen O'Neal Gear (who is utterly new to me, and whose book I bought just based on the cover and intriguing title)

PALE IMMORTAL by Anne Frasier (whose blog I recently discovered and enjoy)

SLAVE TO SENSATION by Nalini Singh (new to me, and whose book I heard of via the "viral blogging" experiment begun by the Dear Author site)

THE C.I.G. TO WRITING EROTIC ROMANCE by Alison Kent (whose blog I love, and with whom I share a brilliant agent)

and the one you just know I was gonna mention, it being September 5th and all . . . LOVER AWAKENED by the Challa Goddess of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, J.R. Ward!!!

Now the big question is, when can I start reading? It's hard for me to read (fiction, that is) near deadline time because I generally need every writing hour I can get, and it's too easy to fritter away time immersing myself in someone else's world, but dang, the BDB book is tempting. Must. Resist. Zsadist.

Oh, hell. Maybe just a teensy peek . . . .

thanks so much for the pimpin'!

Anne -- Pleased to pimp for you, and I'm really looking forward to the book! The cover is gorgeous, BTW!

Alison -- OMG, can't say enough good things about Karen. As for your CIG book, I've been scoping it since you first mentioned it on your blog. I'm a craft junkie, and having just skimmed through the book last night, I know it's going to be a great resource for me. Can't wait to go back and absorb all the wisdom!

Thanks for visiting my blog, both of you!

That's an awesome haul! I'm getting ready to spend a $50 gift cert. at Amazon, and I can't wait...Need. Books! :)

Oooh...bookstore gift certificates--my favorite kind of prezzie! This is a great month for book binges, Larissa. October's looking good, too. Have fun spending!

And about damn time you enabled comments on this thing, woman! *grin*

Read Z...you know you want to. It's....incredible.

I got Nalini's book too. I've been dying to dive into it for months but got slammed with edits and a workshop this week.

Why oh why is there never enough time to read? *pout*

Oh and I don't use my blogger account anymore so you need to allow 'anonymous' comments to those who don't have a blogger account can post their names *g*

Jaci! LOL, yep, comments are finally on, and I will have to go in and make sure non-blogspotters can post, too. ;-)

I'm resisting LOVER AWAKENED, but only barely! Picture me like Rhage in LE, when he had to be chained down to keep from jumping Mary. That's me with Z's book.

I am reading Alison's CIG book, though, and it's SO GOOD! What a treasure trove of info and inspiration. Love it.

Good luck with your edits and workshop, chica! Talk soon...

Hey, milady! (or do you prefer to go by ms. insanity?) :)

Thanks for visiting me and posting! STS looks really good, and lots of people are talking about it (I suspect this would have happened with or without the viral blogging thingy). I'm sure it's going to be a great read!

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: