« Home | It's aliiiiiive! » | New Sales! » | Happy Valentine's Day! » | Stuff and more stuff » | joy of reading #2: the nymph king » | Copyedits, website, etc. » | And the ARC goes to . . . » | Thursday Thirteen #6 » | Midweek check-in » | Bookmarks -- and a contest! »

Video trailer--check it out!

Well, as they threatened to do, Blogger forced me to convert to the new version. It appears all went smoothly. If you see anything wonky, let me know!

While I've been avoiding the blog conversion, some cool stuff has been happening here at Chez Adrian. First, I have a pub date for Tegan's book--and a title! More info to come as things finalize on that front.

My website is moving closer to rollout, and I hope to unveil the beautiful new design in a few weeks. Meanwhile, my fabulous designer, Stonecreek Media, has put together a video trailer for my series . . . .



What do you think? Isn't it cool?! Making this trailer was so much fun, I may have to do it for all of my books. :)

Labels: , , , ,

I love it, Lara! Very effective. It looks fabulous. Congrats!

Marketing question. Where all will you be posting this? Curious as to your thoughts on how to make the most of one of these.

Thanks, Beth! :)

As for the promo plan on the trailer, er, I'm not totally sure. It was a last-minute thing I decided to do, primarily because the buyer at Borders Group asked me if I had one a couple of weeks ago. I'd actually thought trailers were beyond my budget (some places charge up to $1000 for them--ouch!) but Stonecreek Media came in less than half that.

Right now, I have the video posted at MySpace and YouTube, but beyond telling friends, family, and online buds "hey come see this!" I don't really know how to effectively use it for marketing. I'd love any and all suggestions!

Nah, it's not you I mean to bug about the questions. You've got time. More than a month, I think. I'll bug you if I have to, but remember, I am Malevolent May, so you don't want me to bug you, hear? *g*

I looooove the Trailer!

Ending with the 2 covers side by side has great impact.

Love it, love it, love it!!!!

Very cool! I like!

Love the trailer!

Love the trailer!

Clicked over here from Malevolent May's. *g* Very cool trailer. I especially liked the music. As for uses, I don't have a trailer myself so take this with a grain of salt but I think some authors offer them as an "extra" on their site for fans. And I know there's a blog out there that hosts all book trailers so that might be an option for extra exposure.

Love it, love it, love it! So dark and sexy, just like the book :-)

Thanks for all the comments, everyone! Glad you like the trailer. :)

A great trailer Lara!

Can't wait to see your re-"vamped" :::groan::: ;) website and get my hands on your books!

Wow Lara that was so good. I love how it ties in so well with the darkness of the book, fabulous video, I'm going to go watch it again :)

This trailer is awesome! I'm sorry I haven't been here but for some reason your sub on Bloglines isn't working anymore so I didn't know you updated *sob*.

I can't believe Kiss of Crimson comes out so quickly after Kiss of Midnight. I cannot wait! Woohoo!

OK, now I can't sign the way I used to (your blog doesn't allow anonymous comments) but it's me, Michelle...MG Braden! The link here links back to my personal blog rather than my writing one.

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: