« Home | joy of reading #1: surviving demon island » | catching up . . . » | goodbye 2006 . . . » | thursday thirteen #3 . . . » | sayonara, page proofs . . . » | holiday wishes . . . » | Thursday Thirteen #2 » | kiss of midnight . . . » | all chilled out now . . . » | i heart my editor . . . »

new book euphoria . . .

Now that I've let go of KISS OF CRIMSON--or should I say, now that KOC has let go of me?--I am joyfully immersing myself in the New Book. It doesn't have a title yet, but it's #3 in the Midnight Breed series and features the Order's most tormented member, Tegan. To avoid a spoiler, I can't say who his heroine is yet, but while this book is a lot about Tegan, it's very much her book as well.

She's been haunting my imagination ever since she walked onto the page because she's so full of pain and fear. But she's courageous, too, something she's only beginning to realize for herself. Unfortunately, her coping methods for dealing with her own pain are destroying her. I'm not totally sure how I'm going to make two damaged, hurting characters come together and win a happy future, but I know the journey there is going to be dark and passionate!

Since I've begun plotting Number Three, this Evanescence video has been getting a lot of play on my iPod. My brand new *video* iPod, which the hubby bought me for xmas to make up for his leaving my mini on the plane when we came back from Mexico! Don't you just love make-up pressies? :)



This song is fitting for a lot of reasons, including the video's stark winter setting, which is the basic backdrop for the new book. A city blanketed in pale white snow, bare branches, little color . . . slumbering life buried under so much frozen landscape. I think it makes a nice mirror for my characters' emotional states. God, I'm so into this book right now--I love the euphoria of beginning a new novel*!

* Yes, I know that middle-of-the-book depression and misery lurk right around the corner, but today it's all good!

You're not supposed to think about middle of the book depression until it hits.

At least, I think it will come later that way. Doesn't hurt, I figure.

Love the video! Glad you're excited to be starting a new project. I can't wait until your first book is released. Really looking forward to reading it. :)

I love starting a new book! Have fun and enjoy the beginning. The dreaded middle will come soon enough ;-)

Thanks for the well wishes, guys! And Jordan, ((hugs)) for looking forward to Midnight.

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: