« Home | i broke my email . . . » | book club sales . . . » | thursday thirteen #4 . . . » | new book euphoria . . . » | joy of reading #1: surviving demon island » | catching up . . . » | goodbye 2006 . . . » | thursday thirteen #3 . . . » | sayonara, page proofs . . . » | holiday wishes . . . »

just stuff . . .

Having a DOA email system is not entirely bad. Once the chills and shakes of withdrawl pass, you actually find other things to occupy your time--productive things! This weekend I managed to finish my promotion budget, book a couple of ads (and design them), order bookmarks, AND submit my website information to my web designer. Amazing!

This week I'm all about Midnight Breed Book 3. The plot is starting to gel in my mind, and all I need to figure out is the ending (I know how it will end, but I need to figure out how to get all the players lined up for the ending) and then I can write up my outline and get the proposal underway. Now to find a proper title for this book. I know what I want to call it, but LKH pretty much owns that one already. Alternate suggestions welcome!

In other news, my brilliant editor was interviewed over at DearAuthor.com as part of their ongoing series on romance editors. She even mentions me--twice, if you look carefully. ;-)

Well, you're not the only person who had that book title who had to change it, I don't think.

I think Richelle's YA release, Vampire Academy, was Kissed by Shadows too.

I haven't yet pitched the title to my editor, May, but I rather expect to get shot down. I hate working without a title!

Frankly, I don't know why you need a title, but I'm a writer and I know we aren't always logical people--see me with purple pen and notebook. LOL.

Ha! May, I feel I should remind that you also liked Colleen Gleason's math quiz comment verification "feature" on her blog redux a couple weeks ago, so . . . I'm just sayin'.

But I am totally on board with you about purple pens and notebooks. I have a few writerly quirks like that, too.

I can't write without a title either. I drive Shauna crazy by sending her 345 titles a day until she comes back with 'just write the book and we're figure out the title later'. Um no. Must have title or can't write book. (I feel bad for her--she has to deal with me *g*)

I feel your pain, babe. ;-)

And I loved the Dear Author writeup on our editor. Wasn't that cool?

we'll, not we're.

i need editing.

obviously.

and coffee

note to self: do not post on blogs before consuming an entire pot of coffee in the morning.

*sigh*

LOL, Jaci. Don't worry, I just called Stephanie "Step" on her blog due to lack of caffeine.

And the titles? I *wish* I could come up with 345 alternates! I tend to hang on doggedly to one title or variations on the theme. My alternates for Kiss of Shadows would be something like: A Kiss of Shadows; Kiss of The Shadows; Shadow Kisses . . . you get the idea. Really creative! ;-/

I agree the Dear Author interview with Shauna was very cool. It's not like we get the chance to pick her brain about biz stuff and her personal quirks.

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: