« Home | book club sales . . . » | thursday thirteen #4 . . . » | new book euphoria . . . » | joy of reading #1: surviving demon island » | catching up . . . » | goodbye 2006 . . . » | thursday thirteen #3 . . . » | sayonara, page proofs . . . » | holiday wishes . . . » | Thursday Thirteen #2 »

i broke my email . . .

The email, she is kaput. I don't know what happened, but Thursday night my email just stopped working. Nothing in, nothing out. Just refused to do anything except spit out errors and freeze Outlook. My in-home geek squad is working on the problem, which involved rebuilding my saved mail folders and inbox (this, apparently, is not fun). He says I'll be back in business today, but if you emailed me between Thursday and this weekend, you may want to resend.

Totally Off Topic:

We watched a very stupid "movie" last night called What The Bleep Do We Know? It's billed as a movie/documentary but it's actually a 2+ hour infomercial for "Ramtha" who, come to find out, produced and "starred" in it as one of the "experts" on quantum theory (and who would like you to come to her camp in Washington to become one of Ramtha's followers). Only a few minutes into the so-called quantum theory part of the film, John and I were rolling our eyes and saying, WTF is this crap? Then we paused to google and discovered the whole Ramtha connection, which was never stated at any point in the movie, btw.

After attempting to impress and baffle you with scientific theories drawn out to the absurd--like our minds simply do not, cannot, see what they do not understand or do not have a prior basis of knowledge with which to understand. Example used in the film: the Native Americans had never seen a ship on the ocean so when Columbus sailed up to conquer them, they literally did not see him coming. They saw waves moving on the horizon--a disturbance on the water--but they did not see the gigantic ships (or even hear them, one must assume) because they had no basis to understand what they were seeing. Jay-sus. It's a wonder any of us can walk around this planet without smashing into all those invisible things out there. What utter nonsense!

Some of the spiritual enlightenment portion of this film near the end was interesting, and I found myself agreeing on several points, but the deceptive way the film makers steered the information toward its conclusion was infuriating. If you want to sell me a spiritual enlightenment retreat, just say so. Don't try to cloak your message in gee-whiz theories spouted by a bunch of science geeks who are most likely on your payroll.

Sorry to rant, but my bullshit meter is still in recovery mode after spiking off the charts last night!

haha! thank you. total bullshit.

a few things came up that were interesting, but not anything i hadn't already contemplated without the aid of bullshit.

-- several people told me i HAD to see this wonderful movie. it would change my life. that's scary.

Anne, don't *even* get me started! LOL

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: