« Home | back to work . . . » | a day of anARChy . . . » | off it goes . . . » | the end is here . . . » | sick and tired . . . » | kiss of crimson cover . . . » | catching up . . . » | lara does frankfurt . . . » | another day, another cover . . . » | corrected cover . . . »

strength and honor . . .

In romance fiction, we celebrate the idea of the courageous, capable man who would charge headlong into any danger to protect the things he holds sacred. He's not afraid to risk life or limb for the things he believes in, his code of honor and willing sacrifice making him larger than life. A hero in every sense of the word.

Today, I'd like to introduce you to a real-life hero. His name is Will Mock, and on October 22, 2006, he was killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq. I didn't know Will personally, but he was a regular poster--and all-round popular guy--on BooksForSoldiers.com, a website I first heard of in 2004, when my husband and I were looking for ways to support the troops overseas. While Will wasn't one of "our" soldiers, we're very saddened to hear of his passing. On CNN.com, you can see a short video interview of Will. Please take a few minutes to watch the clip and see why Will was such a special person. And whatever you're doing on this Veteran's Day weekend, wherever you are, please pause for a moment to remember all of our fallen soldiers.

Strength and honor, Sgt Willsun Mock. With love and gratitude to you, and to every man and woman serving in the US military, past and present.

So well said...

Thanks for this.

Will was my cousin, and his death is still heavy on all of the families hearts. I found your blog after googling Will's name. It means so much to me to see someone reach out. Thanks.

Dear EJ,

I'm so touched that you visited my blog today. I wish it could be for a happier reason. Just know that Will has been in my thoughts many times since his passing. The image of his big, friendly smile won't leave me for a long time, and I'll always remember him for the generous, courageous person he showed himself to be in his posts at BooksForSoldiers.com.

He was a very special young man. I'm very sorry for your family's loss. Truly, it was our country's loss as well.

With warmest regards from my family to yours.

(BFS ID: nh_novelist)

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: