« Home | i heart my editor . . . » | hump day happy place . . . » | ho, ho, ho . . . » | thankful . . . » | shut up and write . . . » | thursday thirteen #1 . . . » | the editor has spoken . . . » | tcb and good stuff . . . » | strength and honor . . . » | back to work . . . »

all chilled out now . . .

I'm baaaack! Our trip last week to Mexico's beautiful Yucatan Peninsula was fantastic, as you can see from this small sampling of photos. We stayed at a wonderful resort, El Dorado Seaside Suites, which is located about an hour and a half south of Cancun. It's an all-inclusive, adults-only resort that only has about 150-200 rooms (I think). For us, it was perfecto!


We were greeted at check-in with chilled glasses of champagne, neck and shoulder massages (not so much my thing, but the hub loved it), followed by a golf cart ride to our oceanview jacuzzi suite.


Of course, priority one was finding the nearest bar for pina coladas, followed by a stroll outside to see the beach beds. That's right: Beach. Beds.

When we were checking out places to vacation a few months ago, I saw pictures of the beach at this resort and went into a full-on campaign that this was the place we HAD to go. John was skeptical (can you believe that?!) but as soon as he walked onto the beach and saw the dozens of queen-sized, thatched-roof, cotton gauze draped wonders, he admitted that I was right. (Really, I ask you, was there ever any doubt?)

Beach beds are the epitome of vacation heaven. We spent nearly a full week lazing about on them, sipping pina coladas, rum punches, margaritas, and a few other alcohol-laced concoctions I can no longer remember. We hardly even had to get up off our bums to fetch drinks because the excellent beach service kept them coming.


When we weren't stuffing our faces or sampling the local bebidas, we did a little snorkeling off the beach. There is a reef just off shore, which doesn't make for perfect swimming conditions, but does provide plenty of entertainment with the many schools of fish darting around--even a few squid, which my husband encountered when he ventured farther out to snorkel. It was amazing to watch big brown pelicans nosedive into the water just a few feet away from you as they tried to catch their lunch.

I wish I had taken more pictures, but once we settled in, we were having too much fun to stop and dig out the camera. We met a lot of great people, both guests and folks who worked at the resort. It was really hard to leave! I know we'll return, which is something we've never done with other resorts, not because we didn't like them, but because we're usually more curious to see what else is out there. But the El Dorado was a real treat from start to finish.

I must say, however, that it is sooo good to be home. Nothing like your own bed and bath, no matter how amazing paradise seems while you're there.

you suck.

those pics are gorgeous

And welcome back. I really missed you.

Jaci beat me to the "you suck," comment.

And I'll grumpily admit the pics are nice.

But glad you're back!

LOL -- thanks for telling me I suck, you guys! As this was the first vacation that John and I have taken alone, that also didn't include stops to visit family and/or do something business related in nearly 13 years, I feel no guilt whatsoever. Nada. :-P

And thanks for the WBs. It's good to be home.

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: