« Home | hump day happy place . . . » | ho, ho, ho . . . » | thankful . . . » | shut up and write . . . » | thursday thirteen #1 . . . » | the editor has spoken . . . » | tcb and good stuff . . . » | strength and honor . . . » | back to work . . . » | a day of anARChy . . . »

i heart my editor . . .

Can I just say, I have the most awesomest (Yes, it's a word! Or it should be...) editor EVAH!! I've been cranking away on revisions to KISS OF CRIMSON--you know, the *light* cleanup that I somehow managed to turn into a few agonizing weeks of work? I've been through the whole manuscript, addressing what needs addressing, and it's basically done.

But I don't love it.

I mean, I think it's decent, but I want it to be better. I really want it to shine. The revs are supposed to go back to Bantam Dell tomorrow, the plan being that it will leave me free to dash off stress-free on my Mexican vacation for a week of pina colada therapy with the hub. But there's more I want to do on the book. Some new scenes that I think will add a lot more depth and texture to the story. I mentioned this to my editor and she has granted me a fabulous reprieve. I have until January to do what needs doing (you hear that big sigh? that's me, breathing again!). This is SUCH a load off my mind, I can't even tell you. Now I can relax a little, enjoy my vacay and the holidays, while still taking the time I need to make Tess and Dante's story the best it can be.

Shauna Summers, you ROCK!! :)

Oh yeah! Good for you, Lara. Enjoy that Mexican holiday, 'cuz the ms will be waiting for you when you get back.

I've heard such great things about Shauna Summers. In fact, she discovered one of my very favorite authors out of the slush pile--Liz Carlyle.

I think you have the best editor evah, too!

Oh wait. She's MY editor, too! hehehe

Great news! Now you can enjoy that vacation and relax. I expect you to imbibe at least one pina colada for me. And I wanna see pics when you get back!

Hugs and kisses!

Hey, Colleen! Thanks, and yes, I will try to have a good time on the beach, sipping margaritas or pina coladas--maybe both!--on the resort's wonderful beach beds. Yup. Beach. Beds. ::::sigh::::

And I'm taking your ms with me! I have it all printed out and ready to be jammed in my bulging tote bag. Can't wait to dig in!

p.s. Liz Carlyle and Shauna Summers? You sure? Because I don't think Shauna ever worked at Pocket, and that's where LC started out.... But I agree with you, LC is great! :)

Jaci, LOL! I don't mind sharing with you. Although now I dunno, Shauna's going to be reading your revised HUNTING THE DEMON before she gets to my beast of a ms . . . it's going to suck having to follow you! :-P

I'll make sure to drink a few pina coladas for you, no problemo. What the heck, I may be drinking for my husband too, since he is just getting over a sinus infection and will be on antibiotics most of next week!

Later, chica!

Hey Lara ~ Greetings from Seattle!

Glad to hear you can vacation stress-free. I hope you & John have a wonderful time. Soak up some sun for me! :)

Hugs,
Jen

AWESOME! I want an editor like that! Oh, I do! *g*

Have a great trip, and drink lots for me. Lots.

And lots.

And maybe some more...

Hmmm...I was pretty sure it was Shauna Summers who pulled Liz out of the slush pile. But maybe not. But I was sure of it!

Now that's going to bother me.

Hope you had a great vaca!

Post a Comment
Kiss of Midnight

About me

  • Hey. Lara here, currently spending time on the dark side, writing a sexy vampire series for Bantam/Dell. Stay tuned for news on KISS OF MIDNIGHT, KISS OF CRIMSON, and the rest of the Midnight Breed!
My profile

SIGN UP FOR LARA'S
PRIVATE NEWSLETTER!
E-mail address:
Full Name: